Work Requiring a Permit
- Accessory Buildings
- Remodels/Additions to Building
Plans Required Upon Submittal
- Site Plan
- Building Plan Set
- Drainage/Grading Plans
- Wall Bracing Plans
- Engineered Foundation Plans
- Tree Conservation/Mitigation Plans
- Energy Compliance Report
- Landscape Plans
- All permits must be submitted online through MyGov
- A plan review fee is required at the time of submittal
- Most new Single Family Homes require an HOA Approval Letter at the time of submittal. Check here if you need to provide an HOA Approval Letter from your neighborhood.
- Refer to our Residential Project Guidelines for more criteria of submittals
Fire Sprinklers & Fire Alarms
Per Town ordinance, all buildings must be equipped with an automatic fire sprinkler system. No permit or registration needs to be submitted to the Town, however fire sprinkler and alarm plans must be submitted by the project’s licensed Fire Protection Contractor to the following for review:
Reed Fire Protection
4144 N. Central Expressway, Suite 510
Dallas, TX 75204
The project applicant is responsible for review fees charged by the third party review service listed above. No additional permitting is required when an existing permit is already open on the project.
After Reed Fire Protection has performed the review, approved plans are forwarded to the Fire Marshal’s office. Inspections are scheduled online and via a phone call to the Fire Marshal's office.
Westlake Academy Admissions
After April 3, 2017, an applicant relying upon a contract to build a new residence to establish residency must provide the following:
- Approved building permit from the Town of Westlake
- Written notice from the builder confirming the slab/foundation was poured prior to submitting the application for enrollment (this inspection must be approved)
- Estimated completion date for the new residence (must occur within the school year the student seeks to enroll)
In addition to these initial documentation requirements, the applicant will be required to submit verification, according to a schedule identified by the Town, of the completion of major construction milestones for the home including, but not limited to, framing, drywall, masonry, roofing, plumbing, and electrical work.
Please click here for more details, effective dates, and contact information should you need further assistance.