As part of the wholesale water contract with the City of Fort Worth, the Town of Westlake participates in the household hazardous waste (HHW) disposal program. This means that Fort Worth allows residents in participating cities and towns to use their facilities. Proof of residence voucher is required for use of the facility. Please contact the Public Works Department at 817.490.5732 or email us to obtain your voucher.
Fort Worth’s Environmental Collection Center is near the I-30 & I-820 East interchange, at the following address:
6400 Bridge St
Fort Worth, TX 76112
Their hours are Thursdays & Fridays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Some tips from the Environmental Collection Center (ECC):
- Leave products in original, marked containers. If unlabeled, please label the contents clearly.
- Place leaking containers in a second container of like material. Glass for corrosives, metal for flammables.
- Place items securely in the trunk of the car or pickup bed.
- Remain in the vehicle & allow staff to unload waste.
Accepted waste quantities
- Automotive fluids: 10 gallons
- Cleaning chemicals: 10 gallons
- Cooking oil: 10 gallons
- Lawn/garden/pool chemicals: 20 gallons
- Light bulbs: 20 bulbs
- Paint and painting supplies: 30 gallons
A Help-Yourself-Shelf is available at the facility. Chemicals, cleaners, & paint in like-new condition are offered free of charge. If you have a product that is still usable, give it to someone who can use it instead of bringing it for disposal.\
Please see the City of Fort Worth’s website for more information.