Inability to pay

If you are unable to pay your fine/costs in full, there may be other options such as Indigency review or Credit for Time Served.


Indigence – A level of poverty in which real hardship and deprivation are suffered and comforts of life are wholly lacking. Webster’s Dictionary

In order to be eligible for Indigency, you must meet one or more of the following criteria:

  • Receive government assistance
  • Currently unemployed
  • Single Household Income
  • Medical Disability
  • Extenuating Circumstances

In order to request for Indigency and have your financial situation reviewed by the Judge, you must do the following:

  1. Complete the Indigency request form
  2. Provide applicable proof/documentation: 
    • Current pay stub
    • Unemployment payments received by you
    • Worker’s compensation payments received by you
    • Medical records indicating inability to work
    • Proof of Public Assistance received by anyone in the household (Housing, Food stamps, CHIP, Disability, Medicaid, etc.)

Credit for Time Served

Credit for time served may be requested from the Judge for any violation(s) in warrant status if you have been in custody for at least 24 hours or longer. 

In order to request for Credit for Time Served and have your time reviewed by the Judge, the defendant will need to do the following: 

  • Obtain a copy of your Book-In Jail Paperwork. Must contain the book-in date/time and release date/time. 
  • Bring the Book-In Jail Paperwork to our court lobby during our lobby hours, Monday- Friday 9:00am- 4:00pm. 
  • Sign the Credit for Time Served request form at our court lobby window with one of our clerks.

After submitting request: 

  • We will place the request paperwork in the Judge’s file for review. 
  • Any outstanding warrants will be cleared at the time we receive the request paperwork. 
  • The outstanding balance and hold on your license will not be withdrawn until/if approval is granted by the Judge.  

If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, you may contact our office at (817) 430-0861.