Meet the Deputy Town Manager
Noah Simon has been with the Town of Westlake since May of 2019. Prior to Westlake, Noah was the City Manager in Lexington, Virginia a position he held for more than four years. Noah has more than 20 years of executive-level experience in local government and has had the privilege to serve the communities of:
- Lexington, Virginia – City Manager
- Floyd County, Georgia – Assistant County Manager
- Forney, Texas – Community Development Director
- Arden Hills, Minnesota – Assistant City Administrator
- Culpeper, Virginia – Assistant Town Manager
- College Park, Maryland – Assistant to the City Manager
Noah is a creative and innovative thinker and brings to Westlake extensive executive experiences in leadership/management, operations, budgeting/finance, economic development, legislative affairs, public safety administration/crisis management, and HR administration.
Education, Professional Development, and Memberships
- Master’s degree – Public Policy, American University, Washington, D.C.
- Bachelor’s degree – Political Science, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Credentialed Manager since 2013– International City/County Management Association, ICMA
- Participant, Leadership Institute: Making Democracy Work, Kettering Foundation and ICMA
- Upcoming --ICMA Leadership Academy
- Upcoming – participant, Leadership Institute: City Managers Engaging Citizens to Solve Community Problems, Kettering Foundation, and ICMA
- Williamsburg Leadership Institute, 2013, ICMA
- Gettysburg Leadership Institute, 2009, ICMA
- Leadership ICMA, 2007
- Senior Executive Institute, 2005, Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service, University of Virginia
- Member, ICMA
- Member, Texas City Management Association
- Member, National Civic League
As Deputy Town Manager, Noah oversees human resources, municipal court, finance, information technology, fire, police, communications and collaborates with the Town Manager/Superintendent on Academy matters.