The Town of Westlake contracts with the City of Keller for police and animal control services. The Keller Police Department (KPD) has demonstrated its commitment to excellence in law enforcement by distinguishing itself as an accredited police department.
The Keller Police Department provides full-service support to Westlake including traffic safety and regulation, uniformed patrol, community services, and education, crime control, animal services, public safety dispatch, and facility and equipment maintenance. Additional responsibilities include emergency operations, operations support, emergency prevention, and criminal investigations.
Chief Brad Fortune, firstname.lastname@example.org
Capt. Tracy Talkington, email@example.com
Capt. Chad Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR EMERGENCIES OR TO REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY,
DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 770, Keller, TX 76244-0770
Physical Address: 330 Rufe Snow Dr, Keller, TX
Administration Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday
Police Station: Open 24 hours
SIGN UP FOR RAPID SOS
- We would like residents to register a profile with this website which provides basic emergency medical and emergency contact information when you call 911. The information is safe, secure, and very basic so no need to worry about hacking.
1) Click “Sign Up”
2) Enter contact and health information
3) Click “Save”
Dispatch non-emergency: Please call (817) 743-4522.
Main police station: Please call (817) 743-4500.
- For more information about ANIMAL SERVICESand PET REGISTRATIONS, please click on the related links above or on quick link page tabs found in the left margin.
Did you know that the Keller Police Department (KPD) can provide: (1) A free home security evaluation, and (2) A vacation watch service on your home while you are away?
- FREE HOME SECURITY EVALUATION is available through the Keller Police Department for our Westlake residents. Any resident can arrange to have a trained crime prevention officer come to their home and suggest methods to improve security. If you are interested in having your home evaluated, please call James Intia, KPD Community Relations Officer/Bike Officer/MHO, at 817-743-4533 or email him at email@example.com.
- FREE VACATION HOUSE WATCH SERVICE is also provided free of charge for Westlake residents while they are away on vacation for at least three (3) days with a maximum travel time of 21 days.
Residents may obtain a Vacation Watch Form by accessing the link below or by calling (817) 743- 4500, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am-5 pm. Once the form is completed, please return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to KPD at (817)743-4591. For your convenience, please click here to download the KPD vacation watch form.
When you return, please call the police department at 817-743-4522 with your personal house check number to cancel the service.
Please note that a house check request should not be submitted if someone will be allowed to stay at the residence during your leave. This creates a safety issue for officers as well as for the person staying at the residence. If you plan to be away longer than 21 days, you may wish to speak with the sergeant on duty.
HOME SECURITY CHECKLIST
As you plan for your trip away, police encourage our residents to review this checklist and follow the suggestions to help keep your home safe and secure during your time away.
Keller Police Department puts safety before revenue as they start a new social media program that lets commuters in Keller and Westlake know the weekday location of traffic enforcement officers.
Via status updates and tweets, followers of Keller Police Department accounts on Facebook and Twitter will have access to police activities as day-shift officers are directed to particular enforcement locations.
The new program is the latest in Keller Police efforts to partner with the community on public safety initiatives. Officers hope the new program, reminding citizens regularly to drive safely, will encourage drivers to slow down and obey traffic laws.