On 2-16-2021, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality required the Town of Westlake public water system, 2200350, to issue a Boil Water Notice to inform customers, individuals, or employees that due to conditions that occurred recently in the public water system, the water from this public water system was required to be boiled prior to use for drinking water or human consumption purposes.
The public water system has taken the necessary corrective actions to restore the quality of the water distributed by this public water system used for drinking water or human consumption purposes and has provided TCEQ with laboratory test results that indicate that the water no longer requires boiling prior to use as of 2-21-2021.
If you have questions concerning this matter, you may contact Troy Meyer at 817-829-6974 or Kory Kittrell at 817-788-1030. 1500 Solana Blvd. Bldg 7, Ste. 7200.
During the Boil Water Notice, the Town of Westlake has maintained adequate water pressure and Chlorine residuals mandated by Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
WHAT TO DO NOW?
- Your tap water is now safe for consumption.
- If you have not used a particular sink, shower, or bathtub lately, go ahead and flush that line for a couple of minutes to ensure your pipes are delivering fresh water. We also recommend cleaning your faucet screens.
- Customers will want to flush their water heaters, built-in water filtration systems, and water softeners (consult the manuals for your units).
- Any lines connected to water and ice in your refrigerator should also be flushed by running that water and dumping the first round or two of ice. Icemaker equipment and containers should be cleaned, and fridge water filters swapped out.
- We also recommend running the hottest or “sanitize” cycles on your dishwashers and washing machines to help clean them.
The entire staff at the Town of Westlake wants to thank you for your patience during these difficult times. We know this past week hasn't been easy, so we're so glad we could report a little good news for you today. Please continue to be safe, and always know, if you ever need anything from us at all, feel free to contact members of our Town staff anytime.
Have a great Sunday, Westlake. You've earned it!