There will be a major construction project involving Ottinger Road in Westlake over the next couple of months. This project will include three phases and will start on June 1, 2021, with an estimated completion date of August 1, 2021. Below are how the three phases will be implemented and the impact they may have on your commute. Electronic message boards will be in place to provide you with updates.
- Town limits at Keller to 200 feet south of Dove Road.
- Thru traffic only, the signal lane closed daily starting June 1.
- The project will include removing four inches of existing material and replacing it with two inches of asphalt binder and two inches of HMAC surface. Backfill shoulders and clean job site.
- Dove Road to the north driveway of Westlake Academy and widening of Ottinger Road from just south of the school flashers to the north school flashers.
- Thru traffic only, signal lane closed daily June 7.
- Remove 2 inches asphalt surface and replace with two inches HMAC surface, clean job site, and stripe.
- Relocation of school zone flashers and crosswalk rails and rework drainage ditches.
- North Westlake Academy driveway to Schwab Way.
- The road will be closed to all traffic from June 1 to August 1.
- Remove four inches of existing material and replace it with two inches of asphalt binder and two inches HMAC surface. Backfill shoulders and clean job site.