Winter weather has arrived here in Westlake! The roads are icy and slick, and freezing temperatures are expected through Friday. Our staff has been working around the clock to keep our community safe. In our ongoing effort to keep you informed, here are the latest updates from the Town of Westlake:
- A Winter Storm Warning is in effect for all of North Texas. Accumulations of sleet, snow are ongoing in North Texas. Travel will be difficult due to ice and snow Thursday and Friday. Ice accumulations and gusty winds on utility lines could cause power disruptions. Cold wind chills could result in hypothermia if precautions are not taken. The Warning is set to expire at 6 p.m. on Thursday when all wintry weather should be done falling in North Texas, but cold temps and hazardous roads are possible into the weekend.
- Our public works crew is monitoring the roads. Trucks are out salting and sanding the intersections and neighborhood entrances throughout Town. Town streets are still icy so please be cautious if you must drive.
- Our water supply is in good shape. Public works staff do not anticipate any issues when it comes to the supply level. The tanks are equipped with emergency generators in case of a power outage so no disruption is expected. If you encounter a water main break, please report it here.
- There have been no reports of any busted pipes at this time. If you do experience a pipe burst, our Public Works staff is available to help. Give our after-hours emergency number a call at 817-490-5729. You can also shut off your water if you have the right tools. Public Works Director Troy Meyer can show you how by watching this video.
TRASH & RECYCLING
- As a reminder, trash and recycling services have been delayed by one day. Collections will now occur on Saturday instead of Friday this week.
- USPS staff say they are attempting delivery today of mail that has arrived at the Keller and Roanoke post office locations, prioritizing the delivery of packages.
- Town offices including the Municipal Court and Westlake Academy will remain closed today and tomorrow. We anticipate being back in the office and classes resuming on Monday. Our Town Council meeting on Monday is still on.
- We are happy to report that no emergency calls have been reported so far. We will continue to monitor calls and emergency staff from the police department, fire department, and public works are all working around the clock should an emergency arise.
- Stay up to date with the latest on the winter weather and its impact on Westlake by clicking on this link and saving it to your favorites. We're posting constant updates on our social media channels. webpage, via email, news alerts, and through Nextdoor. However you get your Westlake news, we have you covered.
If you have any questions or need our assistance, do not hesitate to call our after-hours emergency number at 817-490-5729. And of course in an emergency, please call 911. Stay safe (and warm), Westlake!