Winter weather has come and gone but the after-effects of the storm still remain. The roads are icy and slick, and extremely dangerous. Our staff has been working around the clock to keep you all safe. In our ongoing effort to keep you informed, here are the latest updates from the Town of Westlake:
Due to high temperatures expected to still be below freezing today, road conditions aren't expected to get much better due to icy conditions. Some improvement is possible today, but the best chances for clearer roads will be over the weekend when temperatures get above freezing. The highs are expected to be 39 degrees on Saturday and 45 degrees on Sunday.
- Our public works crew is monitoring the roads. Trucks are out salting and sanding the intersections and neighborhood entrances throughout Town. Town streets are still icy so please be cautious if you must drive.
- There have been no reports of any busted pipes at this time. If you do experience a pipe burst, our Public Works staff is available to help. Give our after-hours emergency number a call at 817-490-5729. You can also shut off your water if you have the right tools. Public Works Director Troy Meyer can show you how by watching this video.
- Fort Worth Water is pleased to report its operations are status quo and nothing major happened overnight. They had only a few water main breaks yesterday, and all are repaired. None of those were in Westlake.
TRASH & RECYCLING
- As a reminder, trash and recycling services have been delayed by one day. Collections will now occur on Saturday instead of Friday this week. Republic Services is asking that you please put your trash out by your curb no later than 7 AM Saturday.
- USPS staff say they are attempting delivery today of mail, however, you may see service delays due to the icy conditions on the roads.
- While our Town Hall and Municipal Court is closed today, we expect to be back open Monday. Monday's Town Council meeting is still on and will begin at a special time of 6 PM.
- We are happy to report that emergency calls have been limited during this winter weather. Our Westlake Fire-EMS Department report getting only two calls over the last 48 hours, both of those calls were non-storm-related.
- Westlake has several businesses that serve/sell food and beverage, however, they may not be working on a normal schedule. If you have to go out today, please call before you leave to make sure they're open. Below is a list of those Westlake businesses and their phone numbers.
- CVS: 817-491-7364
- Starbucks: 817-403-8202
- Sip Stir Coffee: 469-518-1117
- La Scala Pizzeria: 817-491-3779
- MarCosina: 817-490-6115
- Marriott: 817-430-5000
- Stay up to date with the latest on the winter weather and its impact on Westlake by clicking on this link and saving it to your favorites. We're posting constant updates on our social media channels. webpage, via email, news alerts, and through Nextdoor. However you get your Westlake news, we have you covered.
If you have any questions or need our assistance, do not hesitate to call our after-hours emergency number at 817-490-5729. And of course in an emergency, please call 911. Stay safe (and warm), Westlake!