- Parks & Recreation
- Special Events & Permits
Special Events & Permits
Special Event Ordinance
Ordinance 850 was approved by the Town Council on March 26, 2018, which added Special Event Permit procedures and regulations for the Town of Westlake. This can also be viewed in Chapter 10 of the Code of Ordinances.
Special Event applications must be submitted at least 30 days in advance of the event. Application fees are $250.
What Qualifies as Special Event?
The Town of Westlake Special Event Ordinance requires a special event permit for a temporary gathering or organized activity, including but not limited to parades, bike races, marathons, walk-a-thons, fireworks displays, concerts, carnivals, or other types of races and festivals, using public or private property, involving 500 or more persons and which involves one or more of the following activities:
- Closing a public street
- Blocking or restriction of fire lanes
- Blocking or restriction of public and/or private property, including public rights-of-way
- Sale of merchandise, food or beverages on public or private property
- Sales of alcoholic beverages on public or private property
- Installation of a stage, band shell, trailer, van, portable building, grandstand or bleachers on public or private property
Who Reviews Special Events?
Special Events are reviewed by multiple departments of the Town of Westlake including, but not limited to:
- Keller Police Department
- Westlake Fire Department
- Planning and Development Department
- Parks and Recreation Department
- Public Works Department
Where can I Submit Applications?
As a new Town policy, all permits must be submitted online.
Special Event applications must be submitted online through MyGov. Please use the following links
- Collaborator Login
- Create a New Collaborator Account
- Submit an application for a Special Event (found at the bottom)
- Ordinance 896 - Fee Schedule (as of 10/28/2019)
Below is a listing of upcoming and permitted Special Event by the Town of Westlake provided for your convenience. Private neighborhood or corporate events will not be listed, however, events that may impact the Town as a whole and have registrations may be listed should citizens want to attend these events. Please understand traffic may be impacted by some of these events as well.
DISCLAIMER: The Town of Westlake has no affiliation with any of the above privately held events.