Proclamation Requests

The Town of Westlake welcomes the opportunity to honor residents, businesses, corporate partners, organizations, special events, and employees on exceptional occasions or outstanding efforts by presenting them with an official proclamation or other recognition from the Mayor of the Town of Westlake. 

Request a Proclamation


Proclamations may be issued for:

  • Arts and cultural celebrations
  • Charitable fundraising campaigns
  • Public awareness campaigns
  • Special honors (on the recommendation of the Mayor or Town Manager)

Proclamations will not be issued for:

  • Business anniversaries under 25 years, weddings, family reunions, retirements, and the deceased
  • Campaigns intended for profit-making purposes
  • Campaigns or events contrary to Town policies or by-laws
  • Events or organizations that do not benefit the community of Westlake
  • Matters of political controversy, ideological or religious beliefs, or individual conviction
  • Other Types of Recognition

If a request does not meet the guidelines for a proclamation, the Mayor may approve your request for another type of recognition (Congratulations, Commendation, Recognition, Appreciation, etc.).


Approved Proclamations

The Mayor of Westlake will make the final decision on whether a proclamation is issued or not. A copy of the proclamation may be requested by the individual(s) or organization(s) who request it at no cost.

In most cases, approved proclamations will be presented at a Town Council Meeting. Please plan your proclamation requests in conjunction with the Town Council Meetings. The Westlake Town Council typically meets on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month at 5 pm. If you would like the Mayor or another City Official to present your recognition at an event other than a Town Council Meeting, please indicate this with your request.


A request for a proclamation must be made at least two weeks prior to the date that the proclamation will be presented at the Town Council Meeting. If your recognition does not need to take place at a council meeting, please submit your request for a proclamation at least two weeks prior to the event to the Town Secretary.